November 13, 2014 at 09:05PM
via GitHub https://github.com/cristovaov/site-importer-vvv
Existing site importer for VVV. Based on Simon Wheatley’s demo examples and existing scripts in the VVV project.
Assuming that you are already using Varying Vagrants Vagrant. Recommended: Vagrant Hosts Updater and Triggers installed
- Copy your existing site in your
wwwfolder inside your VVV installation.
- Clone or extract this repo in a folder named
vvv-importinside your site’s local copy.
samplesite.sqlwith your DB backup.
- Modify all instances of
samplesite.devinside the files
- Change the MySQL credentials inside wp-config.php to VVV’s default -don’t forget to back it up or copy/rename before!
- If Vagrant is running, stop it with
- follow this with a
vagrant up --provision. -> optional: drop the
provision-custom.shfile from the extra folder in the provision folder as to not go through the full provisioning
- Probably needed: Vagrant SSH to your imported site and do a WP-CLI search and replace.
You should be good to go.